Wonderful! This is a terrific recipe… I’ve tried it before with ground turkey too.
Chipotle chiles, which are simply smoked jalapeños, flavor this vegetarian chili. Serve bowls of the smoky stuff with squares of warm cornbread on the side to crumble on top.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 1/2 cups frozen bell peppers
- 1 (1-ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Grated cheese (optional)
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add peppers and continue cooking until warmed through. Stir in seasoning mix and chipotles, then add tomatoes, beans and 1 cup water. Gently simmer over low heat, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Ladle chili into individual bowls and garnish with green onions, sour cream or cheese, if you like.
Source: Whole Foods