- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil*
- 2 to 3 yellow squash or zucchini, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and quartered
- 12 ounces fusilli pasta, cooked, drained and cooled*
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-size chunks*
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette*
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush squash and peppers with olive oil and grill, flipping once, until just charred in parts and tender. Transfer to a plate as done and set aside to let cool. Cut into bite-size pieces.
In a large bowl, toss grilled vegetables with pasta, spinach, mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, vinaigrette, salt and pepper.
Source: Whole Foods