These burgers were awesome without the salsa too. Try swiss and some avocado slices on a thin bun.
Roasted Red Pepper and Avocado Salsa
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil
- 1/4 teaspoon or more finely chopped habanero pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the salsa, put avocado, red peppers, lime juice, basil, habanero peppers and salt into a bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
For the burgers, preheat grill. Put turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and pepper into a large bowl and mix together well. Shape turkey mixture into 4 patties, then grill, flipping once, until just cooked through. Serve turkey burgers topped with salsa.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large (about 1 1/2 pounds total) sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil*
Preheat oven to 400°F. Peel potatoes, cut each in half lengthwise and slice into 8 wedges. In a large bowl combine potatoes, oil and seasoning and toss until evenly coated. On a baking sheet, arrange potatoes in a single layer and place on the middle rack of the oven. Bake until edges are crisp and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Source: Whole Foods