This one is definitely a favorite! The veggies are just as good cooked in a wok. Yummy!
Enjoy the summer harvest with this delicious salad. Freshly grated parmesan provides the best flavor but experiment with other cheeses like feta, gruyère or Manchego, if you like.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for oiling the grill
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and quartered
- 1 small red onion, cut into thick rings
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced lengthwise
- 2 yellow squash, thickly sliced lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Oil grill grates, then preheat grill to medium high heat. Working in batches, grill peppers, onions, zucchini and squash, flipping once, until just charred in parts and tender, 6 to 8 minutes total; transfer to a large platter as done. Set aside to let cool before cutting into bite-size pieces.
In a large bowl, combine grilled vegetables, garlic, vinegar, oil, basil, chickpeas, salt and pepper. Garnish with parmesan and serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Source: Whole Foods