I’m so glad I decided to prepare this early in morning! After a LONG, rainy Monday, this was perfect. I didn’t use the cranberry stuffing, just regular stove top. I also used a few pieces of skinless, boneless chicken breasts instead of the thighs – and of course I added a little extra garlic :)
Set this meal to cook early in the day and you won’t have much to do to prepare dinner in a hurry. Sage and stuffing satisfy that craving for holiday flavors any time during the season.
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 6 to 8 bone-in, skinned chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (10-ounce) package stuffing mix with cranberries, prepared according to package directions*
Arrange onions in the bottom of a lightly greased 6-quart crock pot or slow cooker and top with carrots. Pour broth and wine over vegetables, then sprinkle garlic and sage over the top.
Season chicken with paprika, salt and pepper and arrange on top of vegetables. Cover and cook on the low heat setting until chicken and vegetable are very tender, about 8 hours. Serve alongside stuffing.
Source: Whole Foods