Yummy! These were really good, just make sure that you drain the tofu really well first.
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 3 cups shredded green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
Put tofu, chili powder, oregano, cumin, coriander and salt into a bowl and mash together with a fork. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and two-thirds of the green onions and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tofu mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has evaporated, 10 to 12 minutes. Add beans and remaining green onions, stir well and cook until beans are heated through, about 2 minutes more.
Spoon tofu mixture into tortillas, top with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese and serve.
Source: Whole Foods