I made this one for work – this month’s theme was Paula Deen inspired recipes. Quite few ingredients, but real simple and pretty quick to put together. Be warned, the recipe makes a lot!
- 2 (15oz) cans black eyed peas, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 oz) can spicy canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups red & green bell peppers, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons jalopeno pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) jar chopped pimento, drained
- Corn chips
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- pinch dried oregano
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
In a large bowl, combine the black-eyed peas, corn, tomatoes, peppers, onion & pimento.
In a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegars, salt, pepper, mustard, sugar, oregano and oil. Shake until ingredients are blended.
Add the dressing to the pea mixture and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Source: Paula Deen