I know pumpkin chili may not sound good, but this is a great fall dish!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and sauté the onion, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and garlic until tender. Stir in the turkey, and cook until evenly brown. Drain, and mix in tomatoes and pumpkin. Season with chili powder, pepper, and salt. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Serve topped with Cheddar cheese and sour cream.