I love the island-y feel of this one. Instead of the skillet, I decided to bake the salmon – it was wonderful!
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pineapple, cored and diced
- 1 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each), skin on
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Combine mangoes, pineapple, black beans, onion, cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, allspice, cumin, thyme, cayenne and cinnamon in another bowl; rub over both sides of each fillet. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook salmon until cooked through, 5 minutes per side. Serve with salsa.