I’m always on the lookout for easy, healthy salads. We make salad for dinner at least once a week and often make them to take to work for lunches. For this one, I got a rotisserie chicken from the deli at the grocery store and made a huge bowl with extra for leftovers. I’m not a huge fan of BBQ sauce so instead of the BBQ dressing, I used the same lime vinaigrette from Sriracha Lime Chicken. With the chicken and chickpeas it was a pretty filling salad.
- 2 large romaine hearts, washed and chopped
- 1 cup pulled cooked chicken breast
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3/4 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce for dressing, if desired
In a large bowl, add lettuce, top with all ingredients except for avocado and dressing. Toss salad gently.
Place into cold salad bowls. Garnish with diced avocado and drizzle with dressing if desired. Serve with low-fat corn tortilla strips.
Adapted from: Ambitious Kitchen