- 3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 cups dry Basmati rice
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Enchilada sauce
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1 cup white cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can (11 oz) corn kernel
- cilantro for garnish
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Cook the rice. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Mix the 2 cheeses together.
In a large bowl mix the shredded chicken with the enchilada sauce, refried beans and half of the cheese. Add rice, season with salt and pepper if needed, and mix well. Pour rice mixture into a large casserole dish. Top with corn then with remainder of cheese.
Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbly. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve warm.
Adapted from: Jo Cooks