- 1 pizza crust
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cups kale, washed, dried and stems removed
- ½ medium onion, sliced thinly
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon coconut sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the sweet potato. Allow to boil for 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is fork soft. Remove from heat and mash with almond milk, salt and pepper until spreadable. Spread onto the pizza and top with the kale, onions and cheese.
Bake pizza for 10 minutes or until kale begins to crisp. While the pizza is baking, prepare balsamic drizzle. Heat the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a pot over high heat. When it becomes to bubble, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring. The vinegar should get thicker. Remove from heat and watch carefully so it doesn’t get hardened.
Remove pizza from oven and drizzle with balsamic drizzle.
Source: Jessica in the Kitchen