Personally, I don’t like mushrooms. But, my husband does so I decided to give it a whirl. I took these to work for a potluck too, and didn’t get any bad feedback – so, try at your own risk!
- 2 packages (5 oz each) fresh portabella or large button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed & drained
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 package (5.2 oz) Boursin cheese with garlic & herbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red bell peppers
Heat oven to 350. Carefully remove stems from mushrooms. Chop enough stems to measure 1/2 cup. Melt butter in 10 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and broccoli in melted butter for two minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is crisp-tender. Cool slightly. Stir in bread crumbs and cheese. Spoon vegetable mixture evenly into mushroom caps, mounding slightly. Place stuffed mushrooms in an ungreased pan and garnish with bell pepper pieces. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown.